ADSM-L

LTO Auto Cleaning

2006-05-31 17:09:40
Subject: LTO Auto Cleaning
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:09:06 -0700
I've been looking for messages from the LTO2 drives stating they need
cleaning. I know that the library auto cleaning is turned off and by looking
at it through the web interface that is true. I can also see that there is a
C on one of the drives looking through the same web interface. TSM is
configured to clean the drive as needed but I don't see the drive sending
any message to the TSM server stating such. I can run "clean drive" just
fine from the command line and thus the C through the 3584 web interface
clears the "C".

I've tried looking for the ANR8914I message but don't see one. Is there
something I've missed?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com