ADSM-L

controling DSMCAD process ?

2006-05-31 03:53:59
Subject: controling DSMCAD process ?
From: goc <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:53:36 +0200
hi,
i have some troubles with controlling a large number of dsmcad processess on
UNIX,
i mean in some cases i notice in the morning that some sched has not run and
by checking
the machine i see that dsmcad is not running ... i start it again and
everything is working fine. BUT ...
on AIX i can simply in /etc/inittab put the line about starting the dsmcad
itself or to start some script
which starts dsmcad iwth accordingly matched *.files ... this works of
course with :respawn: option
in iniitab to respawn the process-ess if they die (of course the script
should check some stuff i i'm starting
multiple dsmcad's) ... on HP-UX as noticed from my hpux guys i cannot put
this simple line into /etc/inittab
coz it does not work, so they suggested me to make some funny stuff in
/sbin/init.d and and rc3.d ...

my question is ... how to control dsmcad processess on HP-UX since it does
not support the same
way of handling as AIX from /etc/inittab ?

anyone has something similar ? any clues ? a script which controls dsmcad
process is out of question :-)

TIA

goran
5.3.3.1 on AIX 5.2