ADSM-L

Domino TDP restores for legal reasons

2006-05-30 10:44:11
Subject: Domino TDP restores for legal reasons
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:43:50 -0400
We are in the process of migrating our mail infrastructure from HP OpenMail
to Lotus Domino. The legal department occasionally asks
IS to restore every message TSM has in its inventory for a
particular mail user. We have a tedious but well understood
process for complying with such requests for OpenMail. I am
trying to figure out how to handle similar requests for Domino
accounts.

We are using TDP for Domino. We are currently performing a full
backup every night and are not backing up archive logs. How
would we go about restoring the various versions of one account's
database and consolidating all the messages recorded in those
versions?

We are hoping to start backing up archive logs in the near future.
Roll forward recovery using archive logs will replay the creation
of messages that were deleted soon after reception. Unfortunately,
roll forward recovery will also replay the subsequent deletion.
Is there a way to get roll forward recovery to generate copies of
every message encountered?