ADSM-L

TSM Server on W2K3 and MS KB913409

2006-05-26 06:52:47
Subject: TSM Server on W2K3 and MS KB913409
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:52:01 +0100
I have just found a MS Knowledge base article relating to an issue where
programs that allocate a large block of contiguous memory in Microsoft
Windows Server 2003 fail to start or fail intermittently. For example, a
program that allocates a 1.5-gigabyte (GB) block of memory when the
program starts or after it starts.

This strikes me as a good fit for database buffers with TSM. There is an
MS hotfix available and the full fix will be released in SP2 later in
the year.

I was just wondering if anybody who is running TSM and W2K3 has
encountered this error. If so, was the hotfix successful ?
It is possible that I may have to implement a W2K3 TSM server in the
near future and may not be able to wait for SP2 release (if MS achieve
target date).

Thanks

Leigh