ADSM-L

Re: [Fwd: TSM Mac Problems Reappearing]

2006-05-23 11:46:37
Subject: Re: [Fwd: TSM Mac Problems Reappearing]
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:44:03 -0400
Hi, Fred -

That's one of those standard end-user complaints, with far more drama
than usable information.

There's no mention of the user inspecting the error log (TSM Error
Log) for indications of any problem. Whereas the user briefly
mentions that everything was fine "before my hard drive crashed",
that whole scenario needs to be looked into. This sounds more like a
disk and file system integrity verification job for the site user
support center (perhaps by running TechTool) rather than a task for
the TSM administrator. Only after the user's computer was pronounced
good, and a subsequent backup was attempted, would I think that TSM
admin attention was warranted.

   Richard Sims