ADSM-L

Adaptive Subfile backups w/TDP

2006-05-17 14:06:06
Subject: Adaptive Subfile backups w/TDP
From: "Dennis, Melburn W IT743" <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:05:30 -0400
I have a remote site that has a Lotus notes server with a TDP agent
installed to back it up.  It backs up across our WAN on a T1 connection.
These backups are starting to spill over into business hours and I am
having to cancel them in the mornings so that the pipe isn't saturated.
I read about adaptive subfile backups and how the work.  My question is
whether this type of backup works with TDP agents or only with the
standard TSM clients.

Mel Dennis
Systems Engineer - IT743
Siemens Power Generation
4400 Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
MC Q1-108
Tel:  (407) 736-2360
Win:  439-2360
Fax: (407) 243-0260
Email:  melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com