ADSM-L

Re: Novell server abends on unload

2006-05-17 07:47:51
Subject: Re: Novell server abends on unload
From: Marco Malgarini <marco AT MALGARINI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:47:32 +1000
Hi,
We use NW 5.3.0.12 and testing 5.3.4.0 on single servers and clusters.

The manual explains that you are not to unload dsmc but you have to quit it
by pressing "Q".

As for dsmcad you can only unload it if there are no sessions open.

In a cluster install it is recommended for resources to load dsmc -sched
rather than dsmcad for scheduling and use cad for the GUI.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Marco Malgarini