ADSM-L

Alternative Methods for DR Purpose

2006-05-17 02:07:26
Subject: Alternative Methods for DR Purpose
From: Dksh Cssc <callie.liew AT DKSH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:05:51 +0800
Hi all,

1)
I have some backup to send it offsite preferably alternate days. Say Every
Tues,Thursdays and Saturdays backup volumes will be sent to DR site.
All I could think of is setting the administrative schedule to trigger and
activate 2 policysets alternatively (in the same domain policy) on
different days.
How could I set the command 'activate policyset domain_policy policy_set '
 to dayofweek= tue or thursday or saturday without having 7 administrative
schedules for each day.

Example : policyset A and B and they are having different storage pool.

I would like to activate policy set A on Monday, Wed, Fri and policy set B
on Tue, Thurs, Sat ( and these volumes will be shipped to offsite).

2)
Is there any other means to send the backups to offsite without cloning as
well?

Thanks and Warmest Regards,