ADSM-L

Re: LTO Drivers for TSM

2006-05-16 10:37:21
Subject: Re: LTO Drivers for TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:36:48 -0400
Dennis -

The TSM Support Page
 http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/
IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

contains a Supported Devices area, wherein requirements are
enumerated, including device drivers.

   Richard Sims

On May 16, 2006, at 9:25 AM, Dennis, Melburn W IT743 wrote:

Recently our company ran a DR Test with a company called SunGard.  Our
contract requested an automated tape library with LTO2 drives in order
for us to execute our TSM portion of the disaster recovery.  In our
production environment we use IBM LTO2 drives.  When we got there we
found out that they had HP LTO2 drives, and so the drivers that we had
brought with us in our DR tool kits would not work.  SunGard was
able to
provide us the latest drivers from HP, but those seemed to not be
compatible with TSM, and the generic drivers that come bundled with
TSM
did not work either.  TSM would recognize the drives as "GENERIC TAPE"
instead of LTO.  In the future we would like to be able to prevent
this
in case of a real DR, and have a set of drivers that would work
with all
major manufacturers of LTO.  What drivers for HP LTO drives work with
TSM, or for that matter any other manufacturer of LTO besides IBM?

Mel Dennis
Systems Engineer - IT743
Siemens Power Generation
4400 Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
MC Q1-108
Tel:  (407) 736-2360
Win:  439-2360
Fax: (407) 243-0260
Email:  melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com