ADSM-L

Re: Dr Test Soon - question on how tapes get marked after checking them into library

2006-05-16 08:19:08
Subject: Re: Dr Test Soon - question on how tapes get marked after checking them into library
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:17:36 -0400
The DRM scripts mark primary storage pools volumes as destroyed, mark
copypool volumes that are not access=offsite as destoryed, and mark
access=offsite copypool tapes as readonly.

David

>>> Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG 5/15/2006 5:41:23 PM >>>
Going soon to a disaster recovery test soon. and taking our copy
storage
pool tapes.  I have a  question about how the primary tapes get
marked,
was a bit fuzzy last time with my notes during the test.

Background:

TSM 5.3.2.2
AIX 5.3 - Op Sys
Library at Sterling Forest:  3584
LTO 2 drives with LTO 2 tapes

After the tsm db tape gets restored....and library, path, drives,
library
path are defined.

 1.   checkin libvol tapelib search=yes checklabel=barcode
status=private

2.   audit library tapelib checklabel=barcode

3.    Mark all library volumes as reado

4.   Mark Sequential Pools unavailable   <  I think this should be
damaged
instead of unavailable, correct?

Thank You.

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential, trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a
violation of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original
message.