ADSM-L

Re: TDP oddity with an extra registered client?

2006-05-13 17:03:14
Subject: Re: TDP oddity with an extra registered client?
From: Dan Foster <tronic183 AT EVILPHB DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:02:54 -0400
Hot Diggety! Stef Coene was rumored to have written:
> > tsm: SERVER>q lic
> > [...]
> >              Number of TDP for MS SQL Server in use: 3
> > [...]
> >
> > But I only have two TDP 5.2 clients.
> >
> > How can I determine a list of all 3 registered TDP clients?
> select LICENSE_NAME, NODE_NAME from LICENSE_DETAILS

Ah! Thanks.

As I suspected, the problem was due to me making a silly configuration
file error without thinking when I first installed it on a TDP client.

(It registered under the wrong name.)

I changed config file to use the proper name immediately after I
realized my error... but too late, wrong name was already registered in
TSM.

Does anybody know how I can delete the TDP registration for the
incorrectly registered client?

tsm> select LICENSE_NAME, NODE_NAME from LICENSE_DETAILS
MSSQL            VN01-DB
MSSQL            VN02-DB
MSSQL            W3USPHX1
[...]

VN01 and VN02 is correct.

W3USPHX1 was the mistake.

tsm: GBLX-PHX>select * from license_details where node_name='W3USPHX1'

LICENSE_NAME     NODE_NAME                       LAST_USED     TRYBUY
MSSQL            W3USPHX1                       2006-04-06      FALSE
                                           01:31:02.000000
MGSYSLAN         W3USPHX1                       2006-05-13      FALSE
                                           19:41:46.000000

So I need to delete MSSQL license registration for W3USPHX1 only, but
leave the MGSYSLAN license registration alone.

Is there a way to do that without having to delete W3USPHX1 entirely
then recreate and re-backup its TSM data?

-Dan