ADSM-L

A Data Stream Can Not Be Opened

2006-05-09 14:16:22
Subject: A Data Stream Can Not Be Opened
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:15:56 -0400
We recently moved some Netware 6.0 servers to a new TSM server. We also
upgraded their clients to the latest for their platform/OS, 5.2.4.10
(5.2.5 just came out after we upgraded).  The TSM server is Linux 5.3.2

The owners of the servers say they have the latest TSA modules.  They are
still using TSA600 vs TSAFS (the readme says this should be OK).  Yes, the
NDS ID being used supposedly has full authority over these servers.

Ever since the move, we constantly get these errors:

TSA600.NLM 6.0. 306 A Data Stream Can Not Be Opened

I have redone the TSM.PWD file numerous times, to no avail !

I did not have these errors with the previous client (5.1.x) and the old
TSM server (MVS 5.2.4)

The only close hit I found on the Tivoli support website was in reference
to the 5.2.2.9 client (1208746) and compresses NSS volumes and the
recommend  "solution" was "Do not use the TSM client version 5.2.2.9 with
the latest TSA600.NLM"..............no help for this situation !  Does
this problem exists with all of the 5.2.x clients ?

These errors seem to always occur on the SYS: volumes, especially with
their ZENWORKS directory but usually all over.

Any suggestions ?  I am getting tired of seeing thousands of error
messages from these boxes, every day.