ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB backup

2006-05-03 09:25:55
Subject: Re: TSM DB backup
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 23:25:24 +1000
Hello Jacqueline

Just a few thoughts

Have you ever run a tape operation in this library before?
It may be that the device name of the drive (rmt0, rmt1...) doesn't match the path definitions e.g you have set up drive0 as rmt0, drive1 as rmt1 , but rmt0 might be a local dds drive and not in the library at all.

If they are crossed so that drive1 should be rmt1 but is rmt2 then the tape that is mounted won't match the tape that is requested and will be marked private

Have you internally labelled the tapes? is the library set to autolabel=yes? An unlabelled tape can cause the problem if the library isn't set to autolabel.

Hope this helps

Steve.

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin