ADSM-L

Domino Backups

2006-05-02 00:16:48
Subject: Domino Backups
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 21:16:10 -0700
I was wondering if someone could answer this that has knowledge having done
something similar. The scenario is a Domino server does a full backup of all
DB's on Sunday. Sometime during the week the node will be migrated to now
back up to a new TSM server. The next schedule is actually an Incremental.
Will it really be doing a FULL since it has never backed up to this server
or will it really do a small incremental?

I'm trying to avoid a manual full if it doesn't need it. We do want a full
for all DB's so we don't have a full on one system and incrementals on
another.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com