ADSM-L

AW: Throttling back TSM client

2006-04-28 11:03:53
Subject: AW: Throttling back TSM client
From: Salak Juraj <J.Salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:07:34 +0200
.. in addition to prior advices
lowering the runtime priority of tsm service
might (or might not) help - depending on other factors.

On my laptop manualy lowering TSM Scheduler priority does help much,
but here is the hard disk the bottleneck, not the network.
Anyway, if less CPU causes TSM to generate disk access less often,
the same could be valid for network access.
.. Unless TSM is the only application significantly coping for CPU ressourcen
at the given time.

Unfortunately, there is up to my knowledge no windows native method for
permanent change of task/service priority,
so you´d have to play around third party tools, like
http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html.
I have NOT tried this tool in conjuction wit TSM Scheduler, but ist should work.

regards
Juraj