ADSM-L

Re: collocation by Group

2006-04-24 17:02:22
Subject: Re: collocation by Group
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:02:05 -0700
Geoff,

You get collocation by node.

If you look up the syntax for DEFINE STGPOOL, you'll see some text for the
COLLOCATE option that hints at this:

----------
If you specify COLLOCATE=GROUP but do not define any groups, data is
collocated by node. Similarly, if you specify COLLOCATE=GROUP and you
define a group but do not add nodes to the group, data is collocated by
node.
----------

with the theme being that nodes not in a group are collocated by NODE when
the storage pool's COLLOCATE setting is GROUP.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-04-24
13:26:30: