ADSM-L

TDP SQL questions

2006-04-21 06:42:39
Subject: TDP SQL questions
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:40:17 -0400
TSM Server 5.2.2.0 & 5.2.4.3 on AIX

1. Is there a way of finding out the TDP version without going into each
client and bringing up the gui?  From my Q NODE command, it is showing
me the client version of the BA client even when I am selecting the TDP
nodename.

2. Why does it seem the TDP development is lagging behind?  I am being
"pushed" to replace TDP with SQL-Backtrack because:
   A. We want to provide the DBA's a console to perform backup/restore
without giving them admin permissions on each Windows server
   B. The DBA's want to be able to do table level restores
   C. TDP does not support x64 for SQL2005 on the Xeon processors (and
we use all IBM hardware!)

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
423-752-6574 (desk)
423-785-7347 (cell)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm