ADSM-L

3584 - determining available clean cycles

2006-04-20 14:54:11
Subject: 3584 - determining available clean cycles
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:50:07 -0400
Hi,

Is there a way to tell from AIX the number of cleaning cycles remaining in
a 3584?

For our 3494 we have a script that does a "mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qL"
to get the number of cleaning cycles available.  I'm trying to
find how to do this for our new 3584 lib.  I found that the mtlib command
works with the 3584 ("mtlib -l /dev/smc0 -qL"), but it just lists "0" for
the
number of cleaning cycles available.  The web interface shows that
there are 10 tapes, each with 50 cycles available - total=500.

Is there anyway to get the number of cleaning cycles available
for a 3584 from AIX?

thanks

Rick

Output from mtlib cmd for 3584 . . . .

rsfebkup6p:/tsmdata/tsmapp==>mtlib -l /dev/smc0 -qL
Library Data:
   operational state..........00
   functional state...........00
   input stations.............1
   output stations............1
   input/output status........ALL input stations empty
                              ALL output stations empty
                              I/O stations in input mode
   machine type...............3584
   sequence number............10290
   number of cells............637
   available cells............237
   subsystems.................10
   convenience capacity.......16
   accessor config............02
   accessor 0 status..........Accessor available
                              Gripper 1 available
                              Gripper 2 not installed
                              Vision system operational
   accessor 1 status..........Accessor available
                              Gripper 1 available
                              Gripper 2 not installed
                              Vision system operational
   comp avail status..........Convenience input station installed.
                              Convenience input station available.
                              Convenience output station installed.
                              Convenience output station available.
   library facilities.........00
   bulk input capacity........0
   bulk input empty cells.....0
   bulk output capacity.......0
   bulk output empty cells....0
   avail 3490 cleaner cycles..0
   avail 3590 cleaner cycles..0
   avail 3592 cleaner cycles..0
   distributed library ID.....0
   extended operation state...0
   pools out of scratch.......0
   pools with volumes.........0

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.