ADSM-L

Re: Dell Server for TSM Server ?

2006-04-20 08:24:17
Subject: Re: Dell Server for TSM Server ?
From: Timothy Lin <Timothy.Lin AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:14:15 -0400
I have a 2850 running 5.3.3 with 2 Qlogic HBA to a small EMC raid and a
midrange ADIC tape lib.
(4GB mem, 2 Xeon, running in 64bit mode)
so far it's working fine since our environment is pretty small.

Just scale accordingly. if you have the budget, go for the bigger boxes
since they usually come with more PCI slots for expansion, not to
mention you have more internal drive slots available with bigger boxes.

Justin Case wrote:

Since we have to test the Dell server with Linux OS for TSM server, I have
listed questions.

What size of the Dell server's are folks deploying 6850 or 2850 ?
How many CPU ?
How much Memory ?

Thanks

Justin Case