ADSM-L

Re: TSM for VMWare ESX Question - Where can I find the storage agent for TSM?

2006-04-19 19:58:18
Subject: Re: TSM for VMWare ESX Question - Where can I find the storage agent for TSM?
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:49:13 -0500
I'm late on this one, but if you do install the Linux client on the
service console, then you should use the TSM 5.2 level Linux client.  Here
are some relevant links:

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/esx_backup_guide.pdf

______________________________
John Monahan
Consultant Infrastructure Solutions Group
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
04/18/2006 02:01 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TSM for VMWare ESX Question - Where can I find the storage agent for TSM?

TSM Background:
TSM Version 5.3.2.2
OS AIX 5.3 Mod 3

ESX  Version - 2.5 then eventually upgrade to 3

Is there a TSM agent(for windows) to backup the guest os files, and if yes
where is it located on the ftp site?

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential, trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a
violation of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please
message.