ADSM-L

Re: formatsize and volumes in diskpool

2006-04-14 16:22:13
Subject: Re: formatsize and volumes in diskpool
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:16:55 -0600
        I don't believe anyone has poked at this so I will.

        If it were something like RAID5, RAID10 RAID0+1, then you can
create more volumes per LUN. Heck you can stripe, mirror or even
"plaid". There has been lots of discussions on here about the many ways
to go about that.

        If you are using JBOD, I believe the recommendation is to still
create 1 volume for each disk to avoid head contention. Some people
argue that you could get away with 2 per disk.

        So in your case, I would suppose you would create 2 50GB
volumes. Mirroring is always nice on a storagepool, but you would need
to do that at the OS or hardware, as you cannot do it within the TSM
server.

Ben