ADSM-L

load/unload behavior/db backup failure

2006-04-14 15:32:13
Subject: load/unload behavior/db backup failure
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:29:39 -0700
Well after trying to define everything, correct hopefully, it seems
something is wrong. What I have found is that trying to do a db backup
causes the load and unload of many tapes which all get set to private. The
error in the log is ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume T00001 in
drive LTO_2 (/dev/rmt2). ANR8778W Scratch volume T00001 changed to Private
Status to prevent re-access. They all seem to load to this drive.

So the question is, are all these tapes that were supposed to be labeled
not, or is something else going on?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com