ADSM-L

Re: Drive Inconsistencies

2006-04-14 09:25:08
Subject: Re: Drive Inconsistencies
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:14:39 -0400
I'm looking for a script or program that collects and summarizes data
about how many errors a tape has had and how many errors a tape drive
has had. I would expect the data source to be the tsm actlog but
TapeAlert might provide additional info.  Anyone know of such a program
or are we all doing it by hand (or not at all)?

On Apr 13, 2006, at 1:27 PM, David E Ehresman wrote:

> That's the sort of thing computers ought to be real good at, logging
> errors and determining whether a drive or tape seems to be having
> excessive errors. So does anyone know of code that does that for TSM
> tapes and drives?

TapeAlert?