ADSM-L

Re: 5.3 questions

2006-04-11 10:46:12
Subject: Re: 5.3 questions
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:42:39 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/11/2006
07:32:20 AM:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:
> > I'm finding that the more I use the console the more I dislike it.
>
> All I can say is: embrace the command line admin tool, because it didn't
> barely changed between 5.2 and 5.3, and is much more flexable over a
slow
> link.

We've been over this CLI vs. GUI issue before. There are those TSM admins
out there that are more comfortable with the help features and
fill-in-the-blank processes of the GUI, and then there are those that
truly learn all of the parameters and flags of the TSM command set by
using the command line. (Of course, using the CLI is much easier when you
can touch type at a decent speed--a skill set that I feel is absolutely
critical for a decent admin of any flavor.)

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
MR Backup and Recovery Management

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.