ADSM-L

Re: Resend - Policy and DRP question

2006-04-11 09:26:31
Subject: Re: Resend - Policy and DRP question
From: Jack Coats <Jack.Coats AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:19:56 -0500
The question is: does this mean that we have
to now keep the 10 latest tapes offsite for complete DRP?

>From what I am seeing it says you are now defining the process to keep 10
>tapes un-used.  If you keep them off site, so much the better for disaster
>preparedness.

You do not have to change the retention of your database backups to retain
additional versions of data.

Changing the 'del volhist' you did is reasonable since you are changing the
retention of database tapes too the same retention.

Now I could be totally off base, lets see if a more experienced eye has an
opinion too.