ADSM-L

ANR8300E - I/O error on library desc= the destination slot or drive was full in an attemt to move a volume

2006-04-10 15:20:30
Subject: ANR8300E - I/O error on library desc= the destination slot or drive was full in an attemt to move a volume
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:15:43 -0400
Anyone see this error below?   Looking for direction/suggestions?

The tape(s) do actually does dismount.  The issue is occurring on
different drives.   All volumes are online, no unavail, no damaged, etc. I
audited the library, it was a successful audit checklabel=barcode.

**Background - Updated a week ago Library firmware from 3.1 to 4.1 and
then backed out the library firmware code because internal barcode on the
tapes could not be read.  So we went back to our 3.1 firmware and thought
we were ok again.   Also, a couple other ADIC clients reported similiar
issues with new firmware.   Then we started seeing this error today with
TSM sense data.

Errpt - showing nothing

Only TSM is reporting error, the library and aix are reporting no errors.

Version:
TSM Version - 5.3.2.2
AIX - 5.3 Mod 3
ADIC I2000 Scalar Library(LTO 2 drives), LTO2 tapes

actlog:

04/10/06   13:16:44      ANR8300E I/O error on library BLUE (OP=00006C03,
CC=315,
                          KEY=05, ASC=3B, ASCQ=0D,
SENSE=70.00.05.00.00.00.00.0A.0-
                          0.00.00.00.3B.0D.00.CF.00.06., Description=The

                          destination slot or drive was full in an attempt
to move
                          a volume).  Refer to Appendix D in the
'Messages' manual
                          for recommended action. (PROCESS: 302)
04/10/06   13:16:44      ANR8469E Dismount of LTO volume TS1430 from drive
DRIVE13
                          (/dev/rmt13) in library BLUE01 failed. (PROCESS:
302)

Sense Data=
 Key (05) = illegal request
CC(315)= dest slot was full
ASC=3B, ASCQ=OD = medium destination element is full

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.