ADSM-L

Re: Clustered Servers and Tivoli

2006-04-10 15:11:56
Subject: Re: Clustered Servers and Tivoli
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:06:46 -0700
Hi John,

Here's an opt file for a clustered NetWare volume:

  COMMMETHOD                TCPip
    TCPSERVERADDRESS         tsm
    TCPPORT                  1500

*  Setting Nodename
*  -------------------------------------------------------

  NODENAME              adminxxxxx
  DOMAIN                ADMIN:
  CLUSTERNODE           YES

  ERRORLOGNAME                          ADMIN:/Tivoli/dsmerror.log
  SCHEDLOGNAME                          ADMIN:/Tivoli/schedlog.log
  PASSWORDDIR                           ADMIN:/Tivoli/
  SCHEDMODE                                     POLLING
  HTTPPORT                                      1582

* EXCLUDES

  PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
  ERRORLOGRETENTION 7
  SCHEDLOGRETENTION 7
  MANAGEDSERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE

It's just a data volume the IT staff use so there's nothing fancy in terms of
includes or excludes. Now with that posted, visibility issues such as the one
you've outlined often boil down to rights issues. We have a eDir user with read
rights to all our data volumes. "q tsa" from a dsmc session should reveal
something like this:

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface - Version 5, Release 2, Level 3.0
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2004. All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: ADMINXXXX
Session established with server TSM_SERVER1: Windows
  Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 3.2
  Server date/time: 04/10/2006 11:58:04  Last access: 04/10/2006 11:06:16

tsm> q tsa
NetWare TSA Information

TSA Name................: RESEARCH18
TSA Module Name.........: TSAFS.NLM
TSA Version.............: 6.54.3
SMDR Version............: 6.54.3
User/Password Location..: ADMIN:/Tivoli/TSM.PWD
User/Password Valid.....: YES

If you don't have the eDir user set up then it will ask you for one. If you do
have one listed but can't see anything then I'd suggest deleting the TSM.PWD
file and checking your user for the proper rights. Then re-run the "q tsa".

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre
University of British Columbia

>>> JBortscheller AT SDDPC DOT ORG 4/10/2006 11:27:41 am >>>
Hello, we are using Netware 6.5 OS and Tivoli 5.3.2 on clustered servers.
There is something in the opt file that we are missing. It sees the local
drives but not the netware volumes.  Do you have a sample opt file that shows
how to configure the opt file correctly for clustering to be able to see all of
the volumes.  Thanks

John Bortscheller
Network Administrator
San Diego Data Processing Corporation