ADSM-L

Re: Database backup

2006-04-06 15:27:35
Subject: Re: Database backup
From: Andrew Carlson <naclos AT SWBELL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:24:29 -0700
Is your log extrememly full? I have been told in the past that when the
DB backup ends, the log pages are appended on the back, and played back
if the DB is restored.

--- Brenda Collins <collinbr AT US.IBM DOT COM> wrote:

> We are running a database backup that has been going for approx. 4
> hrs.
> now, it has been on the final page for 1 1/2 hrs.  Are others seeing
> this
> same issue?  If so, is there anything that can be done about it?
>

> TSM Server - AIX 5.2, TSM5.2.6.2
> Database size 100GB +
>
> Brenda Collins
> Storage Management
> IBM Global Services
>
> Phone: 612-342-3839
> E-Mail: collinbr AT us.ibm DOT com

Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,
The feeling of seeing the red box with the item you want in it:Priceless.