ADSM-L

Re: Install errors

2006-04-06 15:25:16
Subject: Re: Install errors
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:19:28 -0500
Did you download the software from Passport and happen to expand these
files on Windows (before moving them up to the AIX server)?  Windows is
not case sensitive so I have seen problems in the past where people use
Winzip or another Windows tool to untar the files and a fileset with en_US
will get overwritten with the same fileset with EN_US in the name.  I
believe you should see a en_US and a EN_US version of that fileset going
off of memory here.  If this is the case, wait to untar the download
package until after you move it to AIX and it should work.

______________________________
John Monahan
Consultant Infrastructure Solutions Group
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
04/06/2006 11:13 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Install errors

Swell... Not having been delivered the CD's for AIX is it possible to
download these files? Does anyone know the fileset name I need to look
for?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator