ADSM-L

Re: Admin CLI issue and library config

2006-04-06 14:55:26
Subject: Re: Admin CLI issue and library config
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:55:26 -0600
I cannot speak to your drive issue, but regading dsmadmc:

1) Check the properties for the admin command line link, and make sure the
"Target" and "Start" in paths point to the correct directory
location.where dsmadmc.exe exists.

2) Make sure dsm.opt exists in the directory with dsmadmc.exe. If you do
not have a dsm.opt file, or you use an options file with a name other than
dsm.opt, or dsm.opt is located in a different directory, then the admin
CLI will not start.

As a basic test, try this:

a) open an OS command line prompt.

b) CD into the directory containing dsmadmc.exe (i.e., cd "c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\baclient").

c) run dsmadmc and see what happens.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/06/2006
10:43:26: