ADSM-L

AW: Random Access Disk Pools

2006-04-04 15:10:09
Subject: AW: Random Access Disk Pools
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:04:53 +0200
Why don't you use random and sequential together?
In our diskonly setup we use 3 types:
2%  fibrechannel disk as primary pool with random access for daily backup
sizelimit 2MByte
30% ATA disk as primary pool with random access volumes for backup no sizelimit
migdelay=7days
68% ATA disk as primary pool with files device for migrationtarget of ATA Pool
and for direct target of TDP agents
and
100% ATA as copypool on remote site. (Copy is done as an extra step since we
got very high CPU load)
No problems since one year.

Kind regards
Stefan Holzwarth