ADSM-L

Re: Policy and DRP question

2006-04-04 07:14:52
Subject: Re: Policy and DRP question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:08:54 -0400
TSM is not tape-oriented: it is stored-object-oriented.
The copy storage pool contains an image of your primary pool(s)
according to the policies for the objects stored in the primary pool.
Your DR practices need to keep a copy of all data objects offsite,
not just a fixed number of tapes.  You're not preserving media -
you're preserving data.

  Richard Sims