ADSM-L

Re: Retention of the Volume History

2006-03-31 04:14:38
Subject: Re: Retention of the Volume History
From: Sandeep Jain <sandeep.jain AT DCMDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:45:18 +0530
Hi,
    Normally volhist contains two type of "volumes list " one is volumes
used for dbbackup and 2nd used for volumes having B/a client backup.
          ==> delete volhist command should only be used with type=dbbackup,
provided you are taking regular backup of TSM DATABASE.
          ==>Volumes containg B/A client backup will get free automatically
and will be deleted and added with respect to retention period.

  So running   delete volhist tod=today-31 type=all  will result in lost of
history of B/client data volumes which can be painfull..

  And now the question u asked :
                 U can use delete volhist tod=today-8 type=dbbackup so keep
previous 7 versions of db.

With Best Regards,
Sandeep Jain

********************** Legal Disclaimer

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."

*********