ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: Configuring tape drives in TSM - Document Availa ble

2006-03-29 12:30:38
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Configuring tape drives in TSM - Document Availa ble
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:28:47 -0500
>> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:07:07 +0200, "Coolen, IG (Ilja)" <ilja.coolen AT ABP
>> DOT NL> said:

> As it seems, everyone would like to have a copy.  It wouldn't be a
> bad idea to store it on a public ftp or website for everyone to
> download.

But that would obviate the sales-lead opportunities!

I sympathize.  It's a delicate line to tread, to market one's services
without developing an unpleasant reputation for withholding help.  I
find that a lot of my conversations along those lines end up with the
other participant not even aware I was trying to work around to a
consulting suggestion, a marketing problem in a different direction.

Or maybe I'm more blatant than I know, and the oblivious presentation
is a euphamism for no, No, NO! :)

- Allen S. Rout