ADSM-L

Re: Linux client fails after upgrade to v5.3.2.2

2006-03-23 12:06:23
Subject: Re: Linux client fails after upgrade to v5.3.2.2
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:58:57 -0500
I commented out the USER statement in the dsm.sys as recommended in the
APAR as a work around and dsmc no longer abended at start up.  I also
had this problem opened as a PMR with tivoli support. They did not
identify IC47993 as the problem but did finally say that memory
assertion errors had been fixed by upgrading to the newly available
5.3.3.0 client.  I upgraded to that client, uncommnented the USER
statement and dsmc now works as expected. So it would appear that the
fix for IC47993 is contained in the 5.3.3.0 client.

David

>>> rbs AT BU DOT EDU 3/15/2006 11:41:03 AM >>>
David - The symptoms in IC47993 seem much like it.

    Richard Sims

On Mar 15, 2006, at 11:35 AM, David E Ehresman wrote:

> I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 6).
>

> I upgraded TSM client to 5.3.2.2.  When running dsmc command, I get
> the
> following error:
>
> [root@www01 root]# dsmc
>
> dsmc: dsmem.cpp:1685: void DsmBlockFree(void*): Assertion
`((bn)->bh.