ADSM-L

AW: [ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Find what tape a particular backup resides on

2006-03-22 11:16:50
Subject: AW: [ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Find what tape a particular backup resides on
From: Thomas Rupp <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:16:11 +0100
Hi,

I once needed to know which server backed up files larger x bytes.
I used a two phase approach.
1) Find the tapes that where written during last nights backup with SKRIPT 1
   (thats the one I attached in my previous post).
2) Run SKRIPT 2 with every volume listed by SKRIPT 1

select node_name as Node, -
filespace_name as Filespace,-
file_name as Filename,-
file_size as Size -
from contents -
where volume_name='$1' and -
file_size>$2

This might be a starting point for you.
If you need to know the axact time of backup you have to look into the BACKUPS
table -
but queries on this table can run forever.

Thomas