ADSM-L

Re: SQL2025N An I/O error "-50" occurred on media "TSM".

2006-03-22 08:42:12
Subject: Re: SQL2025N An I/O error "-50" occurred on media "TSM".
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:41:59 +1000
Hi Jaques

Commtimeout of 60 is very short.  Try 600 to start with and go from
there.  You will see that if you have to do a big DB2 restore, the
session is started, the tapes are mounted and then DB2 formats its
tablespaces before restoring any data.  If this takes longer that the
commtimeout, the restore will fail immediately the format finishes,
and you'll have to do the whole thing again.

Regards

Steve

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin,
Bribane Australia.

looking forward to the next cricket test!