ADSM-L

Re: damaged files

2006-03-22 03:17:55
Subject: Re: damaged files
From: Jim Armstrong <jim_armstrong AT STANDARDLIFE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:17:08 +0000
You could try the SHOW command to query the whole tape pool

SHOW DAMAGED yourtapepoolname

just remember the show commands are not supported

Jim Armstrong
Storage Architect
Standard Life

On 21/03/2006 16:22:03 "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Does anyone have a way to find damaged files on tape volumes without
>querying content of every volume ( for example:  q content xxxxxx
>damaged=yes ) ?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Regards, John

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 - calls may be recorded or
monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only. If received
in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not
responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration by a third party
after it is sent.

This e-mail is confidential, if you are not the intended recipient, do not
retain/disclose it and please return it to us. We virus scan and monitor
all e-mails but are not responsible for any damage caused by a
virus/alteration of our e-mail by a third party after sending.

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.co.uk/

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and is authorised