ADSM-L

Re: 3584 - to partition or not . . .

2006-03-17 15:24:59
Subject: Re: 3584 - to partition or not . . .
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:22:25 -0500
This sounds like a design question.
Based on what you described, if you currently have free cycles and
eventually you will do it later on, if you do the work now, you have less
work later on. So that makes sense to me.

When you do partition the library, you also have to assign tape drive(s)
and allocate # of slots.  These resources won't be in use(idle) .  Since
projection of data usage and need can change over night, I would  wait
until the need arises.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/17/2006
07:18:08 AM: