ADSM-L

Re: New TSM Server, DB and STG POOL question

2006-03-15 19:21:52
Subject: Re: New TSM Server, DB and STG POOL question
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:21:59 +1000
Hi Richard

How about this?
Backup your disk stgpool to a separate, distinct copypool (just for ease of
restore you could use your regular copypool)

When you get to the new system, mark your old volumes as destroyed, define
your new disk volumes and add them to the stgpool, then run a RESTORE
STGPOOL to get your data back.

Regards
Steve

AIX and Newly Certified TSM Administrator