ADSM-L

Re: Backups of Intel-based Macs

2006-03-15 13:57:36
Subject: Re: Backups of Intel-based Macs
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:56:04 -0500
On Mar 15, 2006, at 1:26 PM, Bob Talda wrote:

I was interested, Richard, that you chose to use 5.2.4.  Was there a
reason why?  Or was it just happenstance?  (It might be a fallback for
us to try as well)

Bob -

I chose that because we're running a late 5.2 TSM server and I
generally try to avoid having a client level exceed server level.
Because of the inordinate number of problems with TSM 5.3, we're
going to stick with 5.2 until IBM can sort out the many problems and
deliver a stable, reliable TSM above 5.2.

It was thus my expectation that the latest 5.2 level would be a good
test basis candidate for the Rosetta test. I don't have time to test
it exhaustively, so can't testify to its endurance, except to say
that I had no problems as far as I went.

   Richard