ADSM-L

Re: tsm + nfs ??

2006-03-15 06:59:12
Subject: Re: tsm + nfs ??
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:58:20 -0500
Dierk -

You need to post technical details in such problems.
By  default, TSM backs up local file systems, given that networked
file system backups incur more overhead than is often realistic; and
NFS can exhibit timeouts and other irregularities which bungle backups.
Review your DOMain statement, in conjunction with the client manual
doc for DOMain.

   Richard Sims