ADSM-L

restoring backup sets from one node to another

2006-03-13 11:09:08
Subject: restoring backup sets from one node to another
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:08:34 -0500
I am having problems restoring a backup set from one node to
another. I set access archive * * on node DOQCRPS and tried to
restore the same backupset to DOQCW2, but I get the error
ANS1934E Backup set 'monthlydocqrppoi.410125866' not found.
I checked the backupset name and it is still active and the name is
correct.

If I try a set access on DOQCRPS that specifies a path (e.g., set
access archive poi:/* *) I always get ANS1083E No files have previously
been archived for 'poi:/*'

The command used that got ANS1934E on CW2 was:

restore backupset monthlydoqcrppoi.410125866 poi:swsp/ poi:restore/
-subdir=yes

This backupset was created on DOQCRPS and I issued "set access archive
* *" on DOQCRPS before attempting the restore on CW2. But I'm not sure
the command is working right because when I try to set access to a
specified path, e.g. "set access archive poi:/* *" I get the other error

ANS1083E.

We should be able to restore a backupset created on one server to a
different server correct? Is there something I am missing?

P.S. - Is it just me or is information regarding backups extremely
limited?

Thanks for any help in advance!

TSM 5.3.2.1
Novell client 5.3.0.12