ADSM-L

Re: Netware 6.5 SP2 or greater issue

2006-03-13 09:36:19
Subject: Re: Netware 6.5 SP2 or greater issue
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:35:18 -0600
Assuming netware has all the latest patches (nw65sp5, tsaup18), then I
would be inclined to say try one of the tsm 5.2.x clients.  Anecdotal
evidence around here seems to point to weird things going on with the
newer 5.3.x clients on netware.

>>> J.Bollard AT UNITECH-IE DOT COM 3/13/2006 3:38:16 AM >>>
All,

I have a unicode issue in that Netware cannot handle special unicode
characters and this is only seen on large F&P servers where files are
saved with unusual strings containing for example [2006], this causes
the
client to hang and the backup halts, I have applied all the Netware
patches recommended from the README from the ftp site where I
downloaded
the 5.3.2.0 client from IBM, I patched it to FIX Pack 2 for 5.3 and
its
had no effect. Essentially its a Novell issue but they are blaming IBM
and
vice versa, I am sure many of you would have seen this before.

Is there a work around??
Would the 5.2.4 client for Netware be better??
My TSM server is W2K3 with 5.3.2 running.

Thanks for any help on this one......

Regards,

Jim Bollard.

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.