ADSM-L

Re: linux dsmcad problem (Correction - Last 1581 should have been 1501)

2006-03-10 05:51:22
Subject: Re: linux dsmcad problem (Correction - Last 1581 should have been 1501)
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 06:44:57 -0400
<snip>
After running the backups with "dsmc sched" and schedmode set to
prompted for years, I didn't know that I had to set the schedmode to
polling when I use dsmcad. The client manual isn't very clear on that
topic.

You can run either polling or prompted mode when running dsmcad. We have
recently switched from "dsmc sched" to dsmcad and we use prompted. I
suggest adding this line to you dsm.sys:

webpports 1501 1581

This forces dsmcad to use port 1501 for tcp communications and 1581 for
http. dsmc sched defaulted to port 1501 so you might have firewall rules
preventing the scheduler from working on any other port than 1501.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470