ADSM-L

Re: linux dsmcad problem

2006-03-10 03:08:59
Subject: Re: linux dsmcad problem
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:08:36 +0100
Hi,

After setting SCHEDMODE POLLING for this client everything run fine
(HINT :
The default for "Queryschedperiod" is 12 hours. Set it to your
requirement)

That's a good idea. I'll try setting the schedmode to polling and see if
the backup is running.

This really seems to have solved my problem :-)
Thanks to everyone for their help.
After running the backups with "dsmc sched" and schedmode set to
prompted for years, I didn't know that I had to set the schedmode to
polling when I use dsmcad. The client manual isn't very clear on that topic.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470