ADSM-L

Re: Duplicate Novell excludes?

2006-03-08 14:10:52
Subject: Re: Duplicate Novell excludes?
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:06:59 -0800
Hi Timothy,

I don't know about your first question. The second one about the client
complaining about duplicated excludes is new in 5.3 clients. I get that
when the excludes in the client's DSM.opt file match excludes in a
server-side Client Option Set. It's probably easier to take them out of
the DSM.opt in that case.

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre
University of British Columbia

>>> Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US 3/8/2006 10:53:53 am >>>
Hello all,

I am seeing the following errors in the clients log for Novell
servers.
I believe these logs can be excluded, But not sure as I am not that
familiar enough with Novell. I do know that there is some type
of dsrepair utility that can run on a Novell server for
troubleshooting.

Node: RG420
Error processing
'SYS:/SYSTEM/TSA/DEBUG.LOG': access to the object is
denied (SESSION: 221689)

Node: OTANEX7)
Error processing 'SYS:/SYSTEM/DSREPAIR.LOG': access to the
object is denied

Also, Can someone please explain this to me. I don't find any of
these duplicate entries in the dsm.opt file as this error message
states.
I just recently started seeing these after I upgraded this client
from 5.2.2 to 5.3.0.3. I don't see these messages in
the 5.2.2 dsmerror.logs and can't find anything in the
5.3 clients Install and User's guide except it recommends
these system files be excluded in the (dsm.opt)

Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE  sys:\system\sys$log.err'
found while processing the client options file.

Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE  sys:\system\tsa\err$log.*'
found while processing the client options file. This might produce
unexpected results.

Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE  sys:\system\tsa\skip$log.*'
found while processing the client options file. This might produce
unexpected results.

Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE  sys:\system\tsa\tsa$temp.*'
found while processing the client options file. This might produce
unexpected results.

Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE  sys:\vol$log.err' found
while
processing the client options file.
This might produce unexpected results.

Management class 'HOLD13' named on include/exclude line 23 does not
exist.

Here is the dsm.opt file.

EXCLUDE          sys:\system\secaudit.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\events.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\system.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\btrieve.trn
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\tsa$temp.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\sys$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:\vol$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:\tts$log.err
EXCLUDE          *:\...\q_*.sys
EXCLUDE          *:\..\q_*.srv
EXCLUDE          sys:\_SWAP_.MEM
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\err$hst.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\err$log.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\skip$log.*
INCLUDE          sys:\system\sldb.dmi special
INCLUDE          vol1:\software\email\*.* special
INCLUDE          *:\...\ofuser\* hold13
Include          sys:\...\dsmwebcl.log special
Include          sys:\...\dsmsched.log special
Include          sys:\...\dsmerror.log special

TSM 5.3.2.1
TSM Client 5.3.0.3

Thanks for any help!