ADSM-L

Re: Duplicate Novell excludes?

2006-03-08 14:04:11
Subject: Re: Duplicate Novell excludes?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:03:01 -0500
On Mar 8, 2006, at 1:53 PM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

Also, Can someone please explain this to me. I don't find any of
these duplicate entries in the dsm.opt file as this error message
states.
Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE  sys:\system\sys$log.err'
found while processing the client options file. ...

The reference to "the client options file" may be an anachronistic
euphemism. Get out of the habit of looking in the options file and
use 'dsmc q inclexcl' and 'dsmc q opt' instead, to see what TSM
really thinks is happening. Remember that Include-Exclude options can
come from a variety of places: the actual client options file, any OS-
incited excludes (as in Windows), and server-stored client options.
Doing the query may turn up surprises - or at least eliminate things
to examine.

   Richard Sims