ADSM-L

Re: linux dsmcad problem

2006-03-08 04:24:33
Subject: Re: linux dsmcad problem
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:20:16 +0100
Hi,

Richard van Denzel schrieb:
Always start dsmcad from inittab like this:

Cad:2345:once:/usr/bin/dsmcad

The technote describes how to start dsmcad as a service and it works.
But it doesn't matter how I start dsmcad. The problem is the same.

Be sure to have an entry MANAGEDSERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE in the
dsm.sys file.

I only have "managedservices schedule" in my dsm.sys. Do I really need
the webclient option? As I said, the first backup always runs. But the
next, one day later, doesn't.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470