ADSM-L

Re: Restores showing as successful but are not.

2006-03-07 17:28:54
Subject: Re: Restores showing as successful but are not.
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:31:00 -0700
For client operations, don't use that SUMMARY table field to assess
status. That field comes from a related account log field, and has no
bearing on the real outcome of the operation.

If the operation was initiated manually, then monitoring the client itself
should give you status.

If the operation was scheduled via the scheduler, then QUERY EVENT with
F=D will show you the results. I would not expect a completed status with
RC 0 in the situation you describe. See the client manual chapter on
"Automating tasks" for further info about the client return codes for the
command line and scheduled events.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-03-07
14:24:08: